Do you and your children know what to do in case your home or your community is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Unfortunately, most families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency happens, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why creating a plan for your family is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a customizable templatedesigned to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email a copy to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should plan to have a supply of food, water and other necessary items in the case of emergencies. Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – at least a 3-day supply of non-perishable food items
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is important to have a plan in place so you and your family can be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form