Capitol Heights, MD Get a Plan
Does your family know what to do in the case of a fire, flood, storm or other disaster to your home or community? Sadly, several families do not. Many people also don’t realize that when an emergency takes place, there is a great chance you will not all be together. For this reason alone, making a family plan is very important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
Paul Davis wants to make it easy for you to create a family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a template that can be easily customized and designed to allow you to enter specific information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Simply download the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan PDF file to your computer and fill out the sections in the document. Save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergency. The staff at Paul Davis highly recommends putting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and storing it in an easily accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for a minimum of 3 days
- Food – minimum three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, additional batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and additional batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans for your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of the closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure everyone in your family knows how to get there on their own. Memorize your plan with your family at least twice per year.
It is very important to have a plan in place so your family can be better prepared when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. The Paul Davis staff want you to take all the precautions needed to ensure the safety or our community. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by fire, water, storm, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form