Do you or your children know what to do in case your community or home is affected by storm, fire, flood or other disaster? Sadly, many families do not. Many people also do not realize that when an emergency occurs, you most likely will not all be in the same place. This is why making a family plan now is extremely important.
Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan
The staff at Paul Davis wants to help you create your family disaster plan. The Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan is a created to allow you to enter personal information about your family’s plan – your designated safe meeting place, each family member’s contact information and what to do in certain situations. Just download the Paul Davis Emergency Family Plan PDF file (link below) and fill out the sections in the document with your family’s information. Then, just save it, print a copy for each member of your family and email copies to friends and relatives.
Don’t Forget Emergency Supplies
Families should also have supply of food, water and other essentials in case of emergency. Paul Davis highly recommends getting together an “Emergency Ready Kit” and leaving it in an accessible place. We also recommend that your kit, at minimum, contain the list of items below:
- Water – 1 gallon per person, per day for at least three days
- Food – minimum 3-day supply of non-perishable food
- Clothing – change of clothing and a sleeping bag for each person
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio, a NOAA Weather Radio, extra batteries
- Cell Phone and charger
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit – adhesive bandages; antibiotic ointment; pain reliever; emergency Mylar blanket; thermometer; prescription medications and supplies.
- Waterproof, portable containers – for IDs, insurance policies, bank account records, etc. Store a second set of records off-site.
Make sure you are aware of disaster plans with your community, schools, employer, etc. Be aware of your closest designated emergency shelter is and make sure all of your family members know how to get there on their own. Rehearse and review your plan with your family at least twice a year.
Having a plan in place will better prepare you and your family when dealing with the aftermath of a disaster. We at Paul Davis want you to take all the precautions necessary to ensure the safety or our friends and neighbors. Please download and fill out a copy of the Paul Davis Family Emergency Plan. And, if your home or business is damaged by storm, fire, water, mold or other disaster, Call Paul!
Click Here to download your Get A Plan Form